Nelson Mandela once said “Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world”.
Welcome to Kaleo College, the Hotbed of Servant Leaders, a learning institution in Africa dedicated to changing Africa and the world through:
- Leadership development
- Character development
- Preparation for the mission field
- Academic development
We meet this mandate of change and transformation through five key departments:
- Academic: we provide education and training to the community through the certificate and diploma programs at a highly subsidized cost, offer short courses and workshops to the community members, and provide youth mentorship programs – We are – The Hotbed of Servant Leaders!
- Corporate Social Responsibility: Community outreach remains one of our critical missions, with ongoing activities including social outreach to the vulnerable groups, benevolence, sponsorship, environmental programs, home improvement programs, sports tournaments among others, under the motto – Live Simple so that Others can Simply Live
- Chapel: We provide spiritual guidance and support to our students and the community through the Kaleo Chapel, and Pastoral Program of Instruction (PPI) in the surrounding schools. We seek – To Equip God’s People for the Work of the Ministry
Pastoral Care Program (PCP) – We provide support to members of the clergy, under the motto – Never Leave a Wounded Soldier Behind
Welfare – To promote economic and financial empowerment and growth starting with our staff members and their families. Our welfare motto is – Invest for Posterity
ORIGINS – How it all started
Kaleo College started as a vision born of our President and Founder, Bishop Carl Phillip Kihato, who recognized an opportunity offered him years before as a student.
In August 1998, Bishop Carl, attended university for his Bachelor Degree, and though with his parents working as teachers, they found it difficult to meet his fees in full even for a semester. They organized for two fundraising events event assist, but were not able to collect enough to cover one year. His applications for assistance, bursaries, scholarships and/or loans from the Kenyan Higher Education Loan’s Board or elsewhere were rejected.
Bishop Carl was on the verge of dropping out of College for lack of funds, when the University saw his need and offered him a full scholarship. He was able to continue and graduate with a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Biblical & Religious Studies in June 2003.
A few years later, Bishop Carl relocated to the US, by which time he had developed a strong desire to create/offer opportunities for people to go through College, as was offered him years ago. In the U.S, he enrolled for a further studies graduation in 2012 with a Master of Arts Degree in World Missions & Evangelism and in 2014 with a Master of Arts Degree in Religion. His desire was a deeper involvement in missionary evangelism.
Bishop Carl resides in the United States of America with his family, and works as a Chaplain, and as a Pastor with All Nation Center of Revival (ANCOR) Umbrella in the U.S.A.
Upon graduation from with the Masters, Bishop Carl received insight from God on three critical issues.
Kaleo College began in 2014 as Kaleo Bible College, a Leadership (Liberal Arts) College. Our founder sought to give back to his Kenyan community. The College later changed its official name to Kaleo College in 2016 to allow for introduction of other courses that would benefit the community such as Community Development / Social Work, Business Management, and Information Technology.
As a College we are accredited through The Technical and Vocational Education and Training Authority (TVETA).
THE THREE(3) CRITICAL ISSUES
1. THE ISLAMIC AGENDA
The Qur’an teaches that Muhammad was sent not only to all mankind but to the demonic world too, many of whom have submitted and become Muslims according to Sura 72 of the Qur’an. His mission was universal, and with the declaration that ‘the religion before Allah is Islam’ (Sura 3.19), it was his mission not only to preach, but to change the existing society into an Islamic society governed by the revealed laws of Allah, ‘the Shari’ah’, and also by his personal example, known in Islam as Sunnah (sometimes spelt Sunna). Muslims do their best to enlarge their sphere of influence through 3 ways:
- Acquisition of property – They use their vast resources to buy property and at times at exaggerated prices. They try to settle in the same neighborhood and try to expand from there.
- Politics and other Leadership Positions – They support their own for senior positions or enter into agreement with candidates to support him in return of favoring their agenda in the government or administration. This is also the case in other institutions like the military.
- Population increase and Depopulation – To ensure they become the majority in the world, Muslims encourage their men to have many wives, engage sexually and have many children. They also discourage birth control. Also, through Jihad, one of the pillars of Islam, they are encouraged to kill all ‘Infidels’. It is projected that in the next decade, Muslims will be the majority in the world. There will be enough to elect a US President and/or elect a UK Prime Minister. The religion has become the fastest growing in the world.
2. THE CHRISTIAN ROLE
God through His Word has given the Church and every Christian what we commonly refer to as the Great Commission (s). This is recorded in the Gospels as follows:
- Make Disciples – Matthew 28:19 – 20. Therefore, go and make disciples of all nations,baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything …”
- Preach the Gospel – Mark 16:15. He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel …”
- Be Witnesses – Luke 24:44 – 53; Acts 1:8. But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you;and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, …”
- Send Out – John 20:21 – 22. Jesus said to them again,“Peace be with you. As the Father has sent me, even so I am sending you.”
3. TRAIN THE TRAINER
This is an education model whereby individuals identified to teach, mentor or train others attend training themselves. I saw the need for formulating a ‘train the trainer’ initiative through which he would train and equip Pastors for free and then send them out to their communities to preach the Gospel.
These insights, coupled with a desire to give back to the community gave birth to the great vision of Kaleo College. An institution dedicated to equipping people for a transformative agenda in the growth of our nation, and East and Central Africa. Underlying this agenda is the continued growth of the Christian movement by empowering leaders to also raise others into Servant Leaders.
Meet Our Team
The men and women behind Kaleo College
Bishop Carl Phillip Kihato
Master of Arts (Religion)
Bachelor of Arts (Biblical and Religious Studies)
Mrs. Judy Kimani
The Executive Vice President
Bachelor of Arts (Communications)